High Standards Auto Transport is your expert to turn to when transporting a vehicle across the country. We know that a cross-country move can test your patience and we are here to help you with the auto transport portion of your to-do list. We’ve put together a list of tips for making a cross country move a bit easier.
Ship Your Car
- We can find you the carrier best prices, the route closest to your pick up and drop off locations and with the times that work best for you.
- We offer open and closed transportation of autos.
Take Only What You Need
- Go through your possessions and make three piles: Keep, Give Away/Sell, and Trash.
- Go through your closet and get rid of things you haven’t worn in a year. If you are moving to a new climate, make exceptions for clothes that fit the new location’s weather.
- Get rid of heavy, easily replaceable furniture.
- That sleeper couch you never use? Sell it.
Pack in Stages
- First pack all the things that you don’t use every day.
- Gather all the nick-nacks and precious items together for packing together. You can do this weeks ahead of the main packing.
- Take the time to dust each item as you pack it so you’ll be unpacking clean items.
- Pack all your books (except current reads) weeks ahead. Stack them all together so they can be moved with a dolly.
- Get a wide tipped sharpie and label things with what room the go in, your name and any important information such as if it’s fragile or needs to stay positioned in one direction.
Call us at 855.979.6221 for all your long distance auto transport needs.